Being involved in a car accident of any kind can be stressful and overwhelming, to say the least. In the event you or a passenger in your vehicle suffered serious injuries as a result of another driver’s negligence, you may be able to file a claim against the responsible party. However, even if you were not injured in the accident you may have the right to seek compensation from the at-fault driver. As you may be able to see, car accidents can be quite complicated. This is why you need to retain the services of a Dallas accident attorney. Here at Rad Law Firm, our attorneys have represented people in a wide range of accidents, helping victims to receive the compensation they deserve for their injuries or emotional suffering.
You may be asking yourself – when do I need an attorney after a car accident? Again, these situations can be quite complicate, especially if injuries are involved. If you were involved in a simple fender bender, chances are you don’t need to hire an attorney and the case can be handled through the insurance company. Anything more serious than a minor accident like this should be handled by an attorney.
Scenarios of When You Should Retain an Accident Attorney
Here is a look at some of the most common instances where you should hire a Dallas accident attorney:
- You or your passengers sustained more than minor injuries in an accident
- You were left with high medical bills as a result of injuries from a car accident
- You were hospitalized after an accident
- You sustained long-lasting back, neck, bone, or muscular injuries
- You lost a loved one in an accident
- You were involved in an accident with a drunk driver
- You were involved in an accident with a tractor trailer, truck, or other type of commercial vehicle
- You were involved in an accident in which it is difficult to determine who was at fault
- The other driver did not have insurance or did not have enough insurance to cover your injuries and damages
- You have no insurance
- Your insurance company starts acting different
- Your insurance company bring in their own attorney
- Your accident occurred in a construction zone
- You are unsure of your rights
- You need an expert to review confusing paperwork or forms
These are just a handful of the most common instances where it would be in your best interest to retain the services of a knowledgeable Dallas accident attorney. In order to avoid any costly mistakes, it is important that you bring in an expert to help you. Keep in mind that the deadline for filing personal injury claims varies from state to state, which is yet another reason why you should hire an attorney following a car accident. We offer a free consultation for all clients, allowing you to sit down with one of our attorneys and go over your case. If you have been involved in a car accident and aren’t sure what to do next, please contact a lawyer from Rad Law firm right away.