Non-Subscriber Accidents

Did you know that Texas is the only state in the United States that does not require businesses to offer workers’ compensation insurance to its employees? These companies that do not provide workers’ compensation insurance are called “non-subscribers”. This means that, if you work for a non-subscriber and you are injured on the job, you may not be automatically awarded workers’ compensation and you will instead have to pursue legal action and sue your employer for negligence. This is an extremely complicated process, in large part because Texas is the only state that is governed under these laws. If you or a loved one is employed by a non-subscriber company and is injured or killed on the job, you may still be able to recover damages for your lost wages, damages, and other losses as a result of the work injury. Here at Rad Law Firm, our attorneys have the experience you need to fight for your rights and hold your employer responsible for your injuries. Our offices are located throughout Texas in Austin, Houston, Fort Worth, Brownsville, and Dallas and we are available to talk for free today about your case.

What Does This Mean?

While it may seem like working for a non-subscriber business has many downfalls, this is not necessarily the case. If you work for a non-subscriber in Texas and are injured on the job, you won’t have to worry about being constrained by the limits of the bureaucratic system through workers’ compensation claims. While workers’ compensation benefits do not cover intangible injuries, such as pain and suffering, loss of quality of life, and psychological damages. However, with the help of an attorney from Rad Law Firm, you may have grounds to file a lawsuit against your employer for workplace injuries. In order to do so, you will need to prove that your employer or other parties were responsible for your injuries. This is a complex process that requires the knowledge and expertise of an attorney from Rad Law Firm who is familiar with Texas’ non-subscriber laws.

Contact an Attorney From Rad Law Firm Today

Do you know if you work for a non-subscriber? If you are injured on the job and you work for a non-subscriber, are you covered by insurance? Your employer may offer accident insurance instead. Other forms of insurance might be “pay-on-your-behalf” insurance in which the employer can submit your medical bills to the insurance carrier for reimbursement. Some companies may be self-insured for employees’ injuries. Complicated? Yes, indeed. If you were injured on the job, you need to find out from your company’s human resource department what type of insurance, if any, is available to help you. Even if there may be insurance, it is always to the employer’s benefit to settle your claim quickly and inexpensively. Please call us if you have been injured on the job or on the way to and from your job. We can investigate for you to determine if there is help available to pay you for your injuries, lost wages and the damages you have suffered. A quick and easy settlement is never to your advantage. Let us help you.

Don’t stall, make the call. we are here to answer all of your questions in a free consultation.

  • From anywhere in the U.S. call us toll free at 800-598-1090
  • In Dallas County and surrounding counties call us at 972-661-1111
  • In Tarrant County and surrounding counties call us at 817-543-1999
  • In Harris County and surrounding counties call us at 713-590-1111
  • In Travis County and surrounding counties call us at 512-942-2324
  • In Brownsville and surrounding counties call us at 1-800-598-1090
  • In Beverly Hills & surrounding counties call us at 310-651-2690
  • Or quick contact via contact form on the right.