Railroad Crossing Accident Attorney
A train hits someone in America every 115 minutes, often causing a fatality. In fact, there are approximately 3,000 train accidents that result in about 1,000 deaths in the United States each year. Even the most minor incident with a train could result in catastrophic injury or death because of the massive size and weight of the locomotive. With more than 140,000 railroad highway crossings in the United States, it is easy to see how these types of accidents occur. Furthermore, many of the railroad crossings are unprotected and do not provide adequate warnings to drivers, cyclists, or pedestrians, making them even more dangerous. If you or someone in your family has been in an accident at a railroad crossing and have suffered serious injuries, property damage, loss of pay and ongoing stress as a result, contact an attorney from Rad Law Firm today.
Railroads are big corporations and we at Rad Law Firm will make them answer to you and help you to resolve your case. To protect the rights of crossing victims who have been injured due to railroad carelessness, you must have a thorough understanding of railroad operations, human factors, and the complex set of laws that apply to these cases. Thankfully, attorneys are Rad Law Firm can do just that. We represent victims of railroad crossing accidents throughout Texas, including in Austin, Fort Worth, Dallas, Houston, and Brownsville and will work hard to make sure you understand your rights and receive the compensation you deserve.
Common Types of Railroad Crossing Accidents
In Texas, many of the accidents are in rural areas where there may not be warning lights of crossing gates. The railroad may very well claim that you are at fault. In fact, there are many causes of railroad crossing accidents – many of which are NOT your fault. Railroad crossing accidents can involve cars or trucks being stuck or pedestrians be struck. On the other hand, people have also been known to take their own lives by parking on the railroad tracks and waiting for a train to come. Here is a look at some of the most common causes of railroad crossing accidents:
- Defective signals or gates
- Trains that fail to sound their horns when approaching crossings
- Trains that do not use their lights when approaching crossings
- Crossings obstructed by plants or other objects
- Objects protruding from the train
If you have been involved in a railroad crossing accident due to one of the above factors, please contact an attorney from Rad Law Firm today.
Let an Attorney From Rad Law Firm Represent You Today
It is important to note that train accidents do not always involve a collision or derailment. As mentioned briefly, pedestrians and bystanders are also at risk of slipping and falling under trains and getting crushed. Regardless of the specifics surrounding your accident, any lawsuit where a train or railroad company is involved requires the special expertise of a knowledgeable train accident attorney. Call us today for a free consultation and let us get started on your case.
Don’t stall, make the call. we are here to answer all of your questions in a free consultation.
- From anywhere in the U.S. call us toll free at 800-598-1090
- In Dallas County and surrounding counties call us at 972-661-1111
- In Tarrant County and surrounding counties call us at 817-543-1999
- In Harris County and surrounding counties call us at 713-590-1111
- In Travis County and surrounding counties call us at 512-942-2324
- In Brownsville and surrounding counties call us at 1-800-598-1090
- In Beverly Hills & surrounding counties call us at 310-651-2690
- Or quick contact via contact form on the right.