Bicycle Accident Attorney
Many people are opting for a bicycle as their main mode of transportation these days. While bike riding is undoubtedly a fun and healthy alternative to driving, it is also somewhat dangerous when drivers of cars and trucks don’t adopt the ‘share the road’ attitude that they should. Choosing to get around the city on bike – whether you are going to work or to the park – is attractive for many reasons, but it is important to always follow safety procedures when ditching your car for a bike. As we continue to see more and more bicycles on the road, the likelihood of collisions with cars, pedestrians, motorcycles, and other cyclists is higher than ever. By taking the time to educate yourself about proper bicycle safety laws and the most common causes of cycling accidents, you may be able to help prevent and avoid these types of accidents in the future. At Rad Law Firm, it is our intention to represent victims of bicycle accidents and to answer any questions you may have about the laws regarding cyclists on the roads. Representing people throughout Austin, Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Brownsville, and Beverly Hills, CA, our attorneys have the knowledge and resources necessary to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Bicycle Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, some 49,000 cyclists were injured in reported road accidents and 726 were killed in 2012. These shocking statistics highlight the fact that cycling accidents are a serious issue in the United States. While visibility on rural roads is certainly a major factor in these types of accidents, the majority of bicycle accidents take place in urban areas. The most dangerous time of day for cyclists is dusk. In fact, about one-third of all accident fatalities take place between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. This is most likely due to the high volume of traffic on the roads during these hours of the day, as well as poor visibility and lighting.
Many bicycle accidents involve cars, whether a driver fails to look for a cyclist before making a turn or endangers the cyclist’s life in some other way. Some of the most common bike-car related accidents are as follows:
- Failure of drivers to check their blind spot before changing lanes
- Making a right turn in front of oncoming cyclists
- Sideswiping bike riders traveling on the shoulder of the road
- Opening car doors in front of cyclists
- Driving erratically due to the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Pulling out from driveways or side streets without looking first
Sadly, many bicycle accidents could be avoided if drivers would simply share the road and be more aware of their surroundings. Fortunately, as a cyclist in Texas or California, you have the same rights to the road as motor vehicles.
Call Rad Law Firm for a FREE Consultation Today
At Rad Law Firm, we understand how overwhelming and stressful a bicycle accident can be. This is why we are committed to doing everything we can to help you recover damages and receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries. We know how hard it can be to manage the financial and medical consequences that follow serious bicycle accidents. In fact, many of our attorneys and staff members are avid cyclists and are well aware of the defenses asserted by vehicles on the road: “I didn’t see you.” We aggressively support cyclists’ rights and continually support efforts to educate drivers to respect cyclists on the road. We encourage you to contact an attorney from our law firm today for a free consultation and to discuss your options after a bicycle accident.
Don’t stall, make the call. we are here to answer all of your questions in a free consultation.
- From anywhere in the U.S. call us toll free at 800-598-1090
- In Dallas County and surrounding counties call us at 972-661-1111
- In Tarrant County and surrounding counties call us at 817-543-1999
- In Harris County and surrounding counties call us at 713-590-1111
- In Travis County and surrounding counties call us at 512-942-2324
- In Brownsville and surrounding counties call us at 1-800-598-1090
- In Beverly Hills & surrounding counties call us at 310-651-2690
- Or quick contact via contact form on the right.