Tobacco Second-Hand Smoke Attorney
Even though traditional tobacco cigarettes are not as popular as they once were, they are still a vice for many people. For non-smokers, inhaling cigarette smoke second-hand because of a smokers’ proximity is a less than ideal experience. Second-hand smoke has been known to cause cancer and other serious illnesses in non-smokers – in fact, the American Lung Association estimates that about 3,000 lung cancer deaths and between 20,000 and 70,000 heart disease deaths each year are attributed to second-hand smoke. Many people do not realize this, but you may be able to sue for compensation if you have become ill because of second-hand smoke. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, or another illness as a result of second-hand smoke, contact an attorney from Rad Law Firm. We have offices conveniently located in Beverly Hills, CA as well as Austin, Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, and Brownsville, TX and we are available to talk for free today about your case.
Who Can I Sue?
So, what legal options are available to you if you have been injured by second-hand smoke? One option is to sue the tobacco companies for damages related to your injuries. It is important to note that these cases can be extremely challenging and difficult to win, which is why you need to retain the services of a knowledgeable attorney from Rad Law Firm. In these instances, you may be able to file a product liability claim against the tobacco company, however, it can be difficult to prove that your illness resulted from exposure to smoke as a nonsmoker. Your other legal options include the following:
- Class-action lawsuits against the tobacco industry
- Lawsuit against a homeowner’s association, landlord, or smoking neighbors
- Workers’ compensation claim against your employer for exposing you to a dangerous work environment
If you would like to learn more about the above information or have other questions regarding who you may be able to hold liable for illnesses or injuries suffered as a result of second-hand smoke, please contact an attorney from Rad Law Firm today.
Call us For a Free Consultation Today
Lawyers at Rad Law Firm understand how emotionally challenging and upsetting these types of cases can be, which is why we are here for you. We have experiencing litigating second-hand tobacco smoking cases and are prepared to fight for your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for the damages you have experienced. To set up a free consultation and discuss your case with one of our attorneys, please give us a call today.
Don’t stall, make the call. we are here to answer all of your questions in a free consultation.
- From anywhere in the U.S. call us toll free at 800-598-1090
- In Dallas County and surrounding counties call us at 972-661-1111
- In Tarrant County and surrounding counties call us at 817-543-1999
- In Harris County and surrounding counties call us at 713-590-1111
- In Travis County and surrounding counties call us at 512-942-2324
- In Brownsville and surrounding counties call us at 1-800-598-1090
- In Beverly Hills & surrounding counties call us at 310-651-2690
- Or quick contact via contact form on the right.