Defective Shop and Workplace Tools
Depending on what industry you work in, you may use tools and other machinery on a daily basis for your job. Unfortunately, workplace equipment failure and defective shop tools can turn everyday work activity into an extremely dangerous and life-threatening situation. Even though many workplace injuries are covered by workers’ compensation, the employee may also be able to bring a claim against the manufacturer of the shop tool that failed. Thousands are injured and many others lose their lives because of defective or poorly manufactured tools. Shop and workplace tools range from the simple hammer and traditional table saw to sophisticated, computerized machinery, such as milling machines, presses, and lathes. Regardless of the type of tool, if something goes wrong because the tool was not properly manufactured, packaged, or marketed, you may have grounds for a product liability claim. If you or a loved one was injured by a defective tool while on-the-job, please call an attorney from Rad Law Firm today. Our offices are conveniently located in Beverly Hills, CA as well as Austin, Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, and Brownsville, TX and we are available to talk for free today about your case.
Types of Workplace Tool Failures
When you use tools at the shop or at your place of work, you assume they are safe and will operate as they are supposed to. However, defective tools – and machinery in general – are one of the leading causes of serious injuries or deaths in accidents at work. There are many different types of defects in power tools and machinery, including the following:
- Missing safety guards
- Malfunctioning safety switches
- Damaged power cords
- Cracked wheel-on grinders, cutters, polishers, and buffers
- Loose attachments on air compression-powered tools
- Missing fluid in hydraulic power tools
- Power jacks not lubricated
These are just a few examples of how workplace tools may be defective. To learn more about your rights and what actions you may be able to take against those responsible for manufacturing the defective tool, please contact an attorney from Rad Law Firm today.
Call an Attorney at Rad Law Firm Today
At Rad Law Firm, we understand how serious and scary accidents involving defective tools can be. Even the most skilled and experienced worker can be injured by a defective power tool. This is where we come in. Our attorneys have experience working these types of cases and understand what needs to be done in order to ensure justice is served and an injured worker receives the compensation they deserve. We will investigate your case and determine whether you have a third-party liability claim against the tool manufacturer, a repair facility, a subcontractor, or someone other than your employer. To find out more, give us a call today to schedule a free consultation.
Don’t stall, make the call. we are here to answer all of your questions in a free consultation.
- From anywhere in the U.S. call us toll free at 800-598-1090
- In Dallas County and surrounding counties call us at 972-661-1111
- In Tarrant County and surrounding counties call us at 817-543-1999
- In Harris County and surrounding counties call us at 713-590-1111
- In Travis County and surrounding counties call us at 512-942-2324
- In Brownsville and surrounding counties call us at 1-800-598-1090
- In Beverly Hills & surrounding counties call us at 310-651-2690
- Or quick contact via contact form on the right.