Dangerous and Defective Toy Lawyer
Whether for a birthday, holiday, or some other reason, getting a new toy is one of the greatest joys in any child’s life. Unfortunately, these toys are not always as safe as you might think. In fact, more than 200,000 children in the United States are injured each year as a result of a dangerous or defective toy. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commision(CPSC) is in place to regulate the manufacturing of toys and to make sure that all toy companies adhere to specific safety regulations, however, the agency has had to recall thousands of dangerous toys over the years because of they are hazardous and defective. According to the CPSC, nearly 10 million dangerous toys have been seized over the last six years at ports throughout the United States. If your son or daughter was injured by a defective or recalled toy, please contact an attorney at Rad Law Firm. We have convenient locations in Beverly Hills, CA as well as Dallas, Austin, Houston, Fort Worth, and Brownsville, TX and are available to talk today about your case.
Common Dangers and Defects in Children’s Toys
One of the top causes of death among young children is choking, usually on small balls, magnets, balloons, and other tiny toy parts. This is a frightening fact that highlights the importance of raising awareness about harmful toys. Here is a look at some of the other possible defects and dangers in children’s toys:
- Choking hazards
- Sharp, pointed edges
- Missing warning labels
- Hearing damage from toys that come with loud sirens and alarms
- Toys that overheat, resulting in severe burns to children
- Dangerous packaging, which can cause possible suffocation or injury
Some of the most common types of defective toys include the following:
- Stuffed animals and dolls
- Kitchen sets
- Rocking horses
- Second-hand toys
- Toy guns
- Swimming pool toys
It is important that you pay attention to toy recalls that you see in the news or by visiting the CPSC’s website. If your child has been injured or worse as the result of a defective or dangerous toy, please contact an attorney from Rad Law Firm right away.
Contact an Attorney From Rad Law Firm Today
Here at Rad Law Firm, our attorneys are ready and waiting to help with your case today. We have extensive experience working these types of product liability cases and are prepared to fight for your rights. Any injury to your child can be frustrating and scary, especially if it was caused by a toy that should have been safe for them to play with. Attorneys at Rad Law Firm will handle all aspects of your case, including dealing with the manufacturer and any other parties that may be responsible. To learn more or set up a free consultation today, give us a call.
Don’t stall, make the call. we are here to answer all of your questions in a free consultation.
- From anywhere in the U.S. call us toll free at 800-598-1090
- In Dallas County and surrounding counties call us at 972-661-1111
- In Tarrant County and surrounding counties call us at 817-543-1999
- In Harris County and surrounding counties call us at 713-590-1111
- In Travis County and surrounding counties call us at 512-942-2324
- In Brownsville and surrounding counties call us at 1-800-598-1090
- In Beverly Hills & surrounding counties call us at 310-651-2690
- Or quick contact via contact form on the right.