Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Many people do not realize just how common pedestrian accidents are. While they more commonly occur while crossing streets, they can also take place while walking on the side of a street, in parking lots, recreational areas, and when cars crash onto sidewalks. Because they do not have a lot of protective equipment on, pedestrians can easily – and catastrophically – be injured by cars, trucks, motorcycles, or even bicycles. If you were hurt in an accident while walking around and minding your own business or trying to cross the road, you should contact an attorney from Rad Law Firm today. Our personal injury lawyers are familiar with these types of accidents and will work diligently to ensure justice is served and you receive the compensation you deserve. Our offices are conveniently located in Beverly Hills, CA as well as Austin, Houston, Fort Worth, Dallas, and Brownsville, TX. We understand how devastating these types of accidents can be and will do everything we can to recover damages for you.
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
According to the National Highway Traffic Administration, nearly 5,000 pedestrians die in traffic incidents in the United States each year. Furthermore, 14 percent of pedestrian deaths account for all vehicle crash fatalities, 19 percent of pedestrian deaths are committed by hit-and-run drivers, and 73 percent of pedestrian fatalities take place in urban areas. Pedestrian accidents usually take place because of the following reasons:
- Dangerous intersections
- Unkempt sidewalks
- Poorly maintained roads and sidewalks
- Slippery or icy sidewalks or roads
- Uneven pavement
- Driver negligence
- Confused drivers
- Pedestrians walking through a parking lot that a vehicle is driving through
- A vehicle is backing up out of a parking space or driveway
As more and more people are opting to walk or use public transportation as a means of getting around, more pedestrians end up on the public roadways, particularly in urban areas like Dallas, Beverly Hills, Houston, and Austin.
Call us For a Free Consultation Today!
If we are walking in a public area, we have the right to be warned of unsafe conditions, like uneven pavement, slipperiness, lack of railing, and sloping or dipping in the walkway. Walking areas should be well-lit. Particular hazards should be marked or repaired. Pedestrian walkways should be clearly marked. In fact, pedestrian accidents are far more common in areas without paved sidewalks.
Have you been injured while walking in a public area? We can help determine who was to blame – a public entity such as your city or school, a private individual, or corporation, like a shopping mall owner or management team, or even a floor cleaning company. We are here and ready to help you recover from your injuries and are available to talk for free today.
Don’t stall, make the call. we are here to answer all of your questions in a free consultation.
- From anywhere in the U.S. call us toll free at 800-598-1090
- In Dallas County and surrounding counties call us at 972-661-1111
- In Tarrant County and surrounding counties call us at 817-543-1999
- In Harris County and surrounding counties call us at 713-590-1111
- In Travis County and surrounding counties call us at 512-942-2324
- In Brownsville and surrounding counties call us at 1-800-598-1090
- In Beverly Hills & surrounding counties call us at 310-651-2690
- Or quick contact via contact form on the right.