Escalator Accident Attorney
Escalators are very useful in many scenarios, whether you are traveling through the airport to catch a flight or shopping at your favorite department store. While it is true they are convenient and handy in many situations, they are also dangerous and can pose serious threats if not properly maintained. In most cases, injuries sustained from a broken or malfunctioning escalator are usually grounds for a premises liability injury claim or lawsuit. If the property owner or manager failed to properly maintain their premises – including an escalator – to ensure that any unsafe conditions or hazards were repaired so that no one was injured, they may be held accountable. Escalator accidents do not discriminate, meaning children, adults, and the elderly are all at risk of serious injury or death when they are riding on an escalator that is defective or not properly maintained. If you or a loved one was seriously injured, or worse, in an escalator accident, we invite you to contact a premises liability lawyer from Rad Law Firm. We have offices in Beverly Hills, CA and Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and Brownsville, TX and are available to go over your case with you for free.
Common Injuries Sustained From Escalator Accidents
It is no secret that a person can get seriously injured when riding an escalator if he or she is not paying attention. However, even the most careful of passengers can get hurt in an escalator accident if the person in charge of its maintenance is careless. Many different types of accidents can take place on escalators, including the following:
- Falling accidents
- Shoes or clothing getting caught between the stationary area on either side of the moving steps
- Body parts or clothing getting stuck in the comb plates at the stationary platform at the end of the escalator
- Injuries from body parts or clothing getting trapped in the moving handrail
- Injuries from missing or broken steps in the escalator
Thousands of people are sent to the emergency room because of escalator injuries every year, but the risk of suffering an injury on an escalator is even greater at places like the airport where people are carrying bags, coats, strollers and other items up and down the escalators. Inadequate escalator maintenance can also lead to injuries. An improperly maintained escalator can suck in a shoelace or shoe, causing escalator passengers to tumble down the escalator resulting in serious injury or even death.
Contact Rad Law Firm Today!
When pursuing an escalator injury case, it is essential to identify not only the party with control of the premises, but also the party responsible for the maintenance and inspection of the escalator. Rad Law Firm attorneys have litigated against DFW International Airport in the past and also have pending escalator injury claims against DFW International Airport and others. These cases can be complex, especially when they involve a powerhouse company, such as an airport or large corporation. This is why it is imperative that you retain the services of an experienced attorney from Rad Law Firm if you have been involved in an escalator accident.
If you’ve been injured on an escalator please call today or submit your contact information through our website to arrange for a free consultation with a Rad Law Firm attorney.
Don’t stall, make the call. we are here to answer all of your questions in a free consultation.
- From anywhere in the U.S. call us toll free at 800-598-1090
- In Dallas County and surrounding counties call us at 972-661-1111
- In Tarrant County and surrounding counties call us at 817-543-1999
- In Harris County and surrounding counties call us at 713-590-1111
- In Travis County and surrounding counties call us at 512-942-2324
- In Brownsville and surrounding counties call us at 1-800-598-1090
- In Beverly Hills & surrounding counties call us at 310-651-2690
- Or quick contact via contact form on the right.