Department Store Accidents
Let’s be honest – no one expects to be hurt on a shopping trip to a department store. However, these types of incidents take place more often than you may realize. While all commercial property owners are responsible for the overall maintenance, any repairs, and the safety of their property, this does not always happen. There are many different types of accidents that can occur in department stores, from people falling on slippery floors to tripping over hazards that should have been taken care of. If a department store manager or the person who is in charge of maintaining the property was negligent and failed to make the necessary repairs and improvements, they may be held liable. An owner will also be held liable if he or she fails to exert reasonable care to protect customers from any dangers posed by the conditions of the property. If you have been injured in a department store accident, please contact an attorney from Rad Law Firm right away. We are available to talk today for free and have offices in Beverly Hills, CA as well as Houston, Austin, Fort Worth, Dallas, and Brownsville, TX.
Types of Department Store Accidents
Department stores can be dangerous places. Floors can be slippery or carpeting torn, causing you to fall. Displays can be unsteady or overloaded and can collapse on you or your child. Security personnel can be overzealous in detaining suspects, causing injuries. Shopping carts can catch on broken pavement leading to falls. Employees can be injured by unsafe practices, both on the loading dock and in the store. Lighting can be insufficient. A department store can also be held liable for rape, shootings, and other criminal activity in the store and parking lot. Here is a more in-depth look at some of the most common types of department store accidents:
- Slip and fall accidents due to wet floors
- Slip and fall accidents due to ice or snow on the store’s sidewalk
- Objects falling from a shelf and hitting a customer
- Pulley accidents in which an employee knocks or runs over a customer
- Accidents in unauthorized areas of the store
If you or a loved one has been injured in a department store due to the negligence of the store operator, please contact Rad Law Firm today.
Call Rad Law Firm Today for a FREE Consultation
Department stores have a legal obligation to provide you with a safe place to shop or work. If you have been injured in a department store, it is important that you notify the store immediately! Remain calm, do not make accusations. The store will fill out an incident report. If your injury is due to a dangerous condition in the property itself, taking pictures on the spot can be important. If your injury involves criminal activity, be sure to get a copy of the police report. Seek medical help and keep records of where and when you received treatment.
Like in other premises liability cases, there may be many different insurance policies at play. In order to receive fair compensation for your injuries, you need to call Rad Law Firm.
Don’t stall, make the call. we are here to answer all of your questions in a free consultation.
- From anywhere in the U.S. call us toll free at 800-598-1090
- In Dallas County and surrounding counties call us at 972-661-1111
- In Tarrant County and surrounding counties call us at 817-543-1999
- In Harris County and surrounding counties call us at 713-590-1111
- In Travis County and surrounding counties call us at 512-942-2324
- In Brownsville and surrounding counties call us at 1-800-598-1090
- In Beverly Hills & surrounding counties call us at 310-651-2690
- Or quick contact via contact form on the right.