Prescription Errors Attorney
Believe it or not, prescription medication errors happen on a more regular basis than many people realize. In fact, a study conducted by the Institute of Medicine found that more than 1.5 million Americans are made ill, injured, or killed each year because of errors in prescribing, dispensing, and taking medications. As patients, we entrust in our pharmacies and the technicians who run them to ensure that our prescriptions are filled correctly. Medication errors that occur during the prescription process are commonly the result of pharmacist negligence. Here at Rad Law Firm, our attorneys have the experience necessary to investigate your case and pursue legal action against those responsible for your injuries. When a doctor, pharmacist, or other medical provider negligently prescribes the wrong prescription drug, that person should be held accountable. If you or someone you love has experienced some type of medication error, please contact an attorney at one of our convenient locations in Beverly Hills, CA or Brownsville, Austin, Houston, Fort Worth, or Dallas, TX.
Common Reasons for Prescription Errors
Among the top reasons for medication errors are inadequately trained staff, fatigued technicians, interruptions and distractions, disorganized workflow, poor physician handwriting, and ineffective communication between patients and doctors. Even though we have seen major advancements technology and the equipment used to administer medications, errors take place at an alarming rate. Some of the most common prescription error medical malpractice cases include the following:
- Doctor or nurse error
- Providing an incorrect prescription due to a misunderstanding or illegible handwriting
- Filling the wrong prescription
- Filling the improper dosage
- Failure to confirm negative reactions with other medications
- Failure to warn of the side effects of a drug
- Prescribing the wrong dosage
- Anesthesia errors
The consequences of taking the wrong medication, or even the wrong dosage, can be devastating and life-changing. Many prescription errors occur when pharmacists fail to adhere to certain rules governing the filling and verification of prescriptions. If you have suffered an injury as the result of a prescription error, please contact a personal injury attorney from Rad Law Firm in Beverly Hills, CA or Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, or Brownsville, TX.
Contact an Attorney From Rad Law Firm Today
Injuries and deaths often occur as a result of errors in filling prescriptions. The law allows compensation for the injured person or the survivors of the deceased person caused by prescription errors. Please be informed that Rad Law Firm’s attorneys and staff are well experienced in handling these types of cases. We provide assistance during the difficult time and protect your rights in order to obtain the compensation you deserve for the losses incurred.
Don’t stall, make the call. we are here to answer all of your questions in a free consultation.
- From anywhere in the U.S. call us toll free at 800-598-1090
- In Dallas County and surrounding counties call us at 972-661-1111
- In Tarrant County and surrounding counties call us at 817-543-1999
- In Harris County and surrounding counties call us at 713-590-1111
- In Travis County and surrounding counties call us at 512-942-2324
- In Brownsville and surrounding counties call us at 1-800-598-1090
- In Beverly Hills & surrounding counties call us at 310-651-2690
- Or quick contact via contact form on the right.