Pharmacy Errors Attorney
Many people may not realize this, but pharmacy errors occur on a regular basis in the United States, resulting in major medical problems, injuries, and loss of life. A study performed by the Pharmacy Times indicates that pharmacies make more than 50 million medication errors every single year. In some cases, these errors result in catastrophic and life-threatening injuries. Over the past 20 years, we have seen a dramatic increase in fatal pharmacy errors. Whether due to more patients seeking healthcare outside of hospitals or a failure of pharmacies to properly train technicians, this trend is not a good one. Researchers estimate that, due to the high number of mistakes made each year by pharmacists, 1.5 million people are injured and more than 200,000 people die as a result. If you or a loved one has been harmed by a pharmacy error or prescription drug mistake, we encourage you to contact a personal injury lawyer from Rad Law Firm. We have offices conveniently located in Beverly Hills, CA as well as Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and Brownsville, TX and are committed to doing everything we can to help you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Types of Pharmacy Errors
At Rad Law Firm, our lawyers have the experience and knowledge necessary to walk you through the legal process and hold those responsible for your injuries accountable. If you were injured or suffered a worsening condition due to the negligence of a medical professional when prescribing your medication, you may have grounds for a medical malpractice suit. Medication errors can take place as a result of numerous factors, including the following:
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Giving the right medication in the wrong dosage
- Failing to recognize allergies before writing a prescription
- Mislabeling a drug
- Giving wrong instructions
- Compounding the prescription incorrectly
- Misreading the doctor’s handwriting and making an error
- Bad judgment by the pharmacist
The majority of medication errors occur in elderly patients, usually those who are over the age of 65. More than 85 percent of all pharmacy malpractice lawsuits are filed because of ‘mechanical errors’, which could include dispensing the wrong medication, dosage form, directions, or strength of medicine.
Set Up a Free Consultation With Rad Law Firm Today
Personal injury lawyers at Rad Law Firm are available to talk for free today about your case and welcome you to contact us with any questions you may have. We understand how emotionally damaging and stressful these types of cases are, which is why we are here to take the pressure off of you and provide you with representation you can count on. Our attorneys are prepared to represent you whether your case is against a doctor, nurse, emergency room staff, or pharmacist. To get started on your free consultation today, please contact the closest Rad Law Firm location to you.
Don’t stall, make the call. we are here to answer all of your questions in a free consultation.
- From anywhere in the U.S. call us toll free at 800-598-1090
- In Dallas County and surrounding counties call us at 972-661-1111
- In Tarrant County and surrounding counties call us at 817-543-1999
- In Harris County and surrounding counties call us at 713-590-1111
- In Travis County and surrounding counties call us at 512-942-2324
- In Brownsville and surrounding counties call us at 1-800-598-1090
- In Beverly Hills & surrounding counties call us at 310-651-2690
- Or quick contact via contact form on the right.