Miscellaneous Government Negligence Lawyer

While it is true that you cannot sue the government for property damage or injury because of the sovereign immunity doctrine, you can file a lawsuit against the government in certain situations under the Federal Claims Tort Act. Governmental agencies and bodies are in charge of many city and state entities, such as recreational parks, roadways, and buildings. When someone is injured or loses their life as a result of these areas not being properly maintained or made safe for the general public, the government may be held accountable. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a car accident involving a state-owned vehicle, slipped and fell at a government office, or have been hurt in any other capacity due to the negligence of state or local government employees, you may be able to seek compensation for your injuries. Attorneys are Rad Law Firm have what it takes to pursue legal action, such as personal injury claims, against government agencies. To learn more, contact one of our conveniently located offices in Beverly Hills, CA or Austin, Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, or Brownsville, TX.

Understanding the Federal Tort Claims Act

The Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) is a statute enacted by the United States Congress in 1946 that allows private parties to sue to the United States in a federal court. This statute provides a limited waiver of the federal government’s sovereign immunity when its employees are negligent within the scope of their employment. It is important to keep in mind that, under the FTCA, the government can only be sued “under circumstances where the United States, if a private person, would be liable to the claimant in accordance with the law of the place where the act or omission occurred.” In order to file a claim against the government for negligence, you must do so within two years of the situation.

Call an Attorney From Rad Law Firm for a FREE Consultation Today

Bringing a lawsuit against the government for negligence is not easy, as you may have realized. Due to the complicated nature of these types of claims, it is imperative that you have a knowledgeable attorney from Rad Law Firm by your side. Not only do we understand the laws regarding government negligence, but we have the experience necessary to help you win your case. To find out more about your rights when it comes to government negligence, please contact our law firm today for a free consultation.

Don’t stall, make the call we are here to answer all of your questions in a free consultation.

From anywhere in the U.S. call us toll free at 800-598-1090
In Dallas County and surrounding counties call us at 972-661-1111
In Tarrant County and surrounding counties call us at 817-543-1999
In Harris County and surrounding counties call us at 713-590-1111
In Travis County and surrounding counties call us at 512-942-2324
In Brownsville and surrounding counties call us at 1-800-598-1090
In Beverly Hills California and surrounding counties call us at 310-651-2690
Or quick contact via contact form on the right.