There are all kinds of situations that may result in a serious injury, some of which happen as the result of another person’s negligence. Personal injury is a very serious claim that encompasses many different scenarios, from injuries that occur as a result of car accidents, defective products, or workplace accidents, to name a few. These types of claims are among the most common that we see in the U.S. courts, in large part because there are so many situations that can be categorized as a personal injury case. In order for someone to file a personal injury claim, they must be able to prove that their injuries occurred as the result of another party’s negligence, distraction, or blatant disregard for their overall health and wellness. As Dallas personal injury lawyers, we have helped hundreds of people bring their case to court and fight for their right to compensation for their injuries. We understand how devastating and life-changing these types of cases can be, which is why we are committed to doing everything in our power to ensure that justice is served.
As mentioned, there are many different types of situations that may give rise to personal injury cases, some of the most common of which include the following:
- Defective products. One of the most common types of personal injury claims are those that involve an injury from a defective product. While all products are required by law to be safe to use upon purchase, this is not always the case. In some cases, the manufacturer may be held liable for a defective product, even if he wasn’t negligent in the production process.
- Dangerous drugs. Drugs are considered a product as well, which means that they are held to certain safety standards. When drugs are not properly manufactured or distributed, resulting in injury or death, a class action lawsuit may be filed against the drug companies.
- Car accidents. Vehicle accidents are one of the most common types of personal injury claims. Car accidents take place at an alarming rate and are often the result of distracted or impaired driving. If this is the case, those who sustained injury may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit in order to receive compensation for damages incurred.
- Slip and fall accidents. Another common type of personal injury claim are slip and fall accidents. Stores, businesses, and all other public places have a responsibility to make sure the premises are safe for people, regardless of the weather. When this does not happen, and someone falls and hurts themselves as a result, you may be able to recover damages by way of a personal injury lawsuit.
- Medical malpractice. This is one of the most serious types of personal injury cases, as they involve your health. If a doctor or other healthcare professional does not provide you with competent care or a makes a mistake that could have been avoided, you may be able to recover monetary damages through a medical malpractice lawsuit.
In order to recover damages in a personal injury case, several factors will be taken into consideration, including the severity of the injury and the circumstances that surround the accident. While common, these types of cases can be quite complicated, which is where we come in. As Dallas personal injury lawyers, we will work with you one-on-one to ensure you understand all aspects of your case, giving you the best opportunity possible to come out on top.