Finding a personal injury lawyer who you not only trust, but who specializes in your type of case isn’t always easy. Millions of people are injured every single year in preventable accidents, such as auto collisions, construction site accidents, and slip and fall accidents. While the vast majority of these incidents do not have any legal ramifications, many do. Filing a personal injury claim may seem like an intimidating thing for many, but it is necessary if you sustained injuries or lost a loved one because of someone else’s negligence. If you have been injured in some type of accident, one of the first things you should do is look for a personal injury lawyer. Even if you are unsure whether or not filing a personal injury claim is the right move for you, it may help to discuss your options with a lawyer.
The right lawyer will provide the representation and legal guidance you need throughout the duration of your case, including in court. That being said, you certainly don’t want to settle for just any personal injury lawyer. It is important to do your research and make sure you are working with an attorney who has your best interests in mind – and the experience to handle your specific type of case. So, where do you even begin? Here are a few tips for choosing the best personal injury lawyer for you:
● Take action as soon as possible – The key to finding an attorney that will be a good fit for your case is to start shopping around and contacting lawyers as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the harder it may be to find someone that has the availability and expertise to take on your case. When contacting various law firms, make sure you give them as many details as possible about your case, including background information and any small details that led up to the event.
● Ask around – Chances are there are people in your network who have hired an attorney before. Ask around and see if they have someone they trust and who handled their case successfully. Friends, family members, and coworkers are great lawyer referrals, especially when it comes to personal injury cases like car accidents.
● Take to the internet – Google is your friend when it comes to looking for a personal injury lawyer in your area. Chances are you will find tons of lawyers, all of whom specialize in different areas of law. Use keywords (Dallas car accident lawyer, for example) to narrow down your search and then go from there.
● Do your research – Once you have a few lawyers that seem like they would be a good fit, start to do some research. The best lawyers won’t have a problem giving you some information on their background and what they specialize in. Some good questions to ask are:
○ How long have you been in practice?
○ What is your educational background?
○ How many personal injury cases have you won?
○ What is your standing with the Texas bar association?
○ What areas do you specialize in?
These tips should help get you on the right track for finding a lawyer that is right for you. We invite you to contact Rad Law Firm today and schedule a consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers. We have represented clients throughout Dallas on a wide range of cases, from auto accidents to medical malpractice and product liability cases and are prepared to do the same for you.