Alfonso J. Herrera, J.D.Attorney at Law
Licensed in Texas
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Business Litigation
- First-Party Insurance Litigation
- Texas Super Lawyers
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- The National Trial Lawyers
- Phi Delta Phi- International Legal Honors Society
- Dallas Hispanic Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- American Association for Justice
- Best Lawyer Under 40, D Magazine, 2018
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2016, 2018
- Top 40 Under 40 Civil Trial Lawyer, The National Trial Lawyers, 2016
- The George Washington University, Honors
- Texas State University, Bachelor of Arts, Honors
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, Juris Doctor
I began my higher education career at The George Washington University, in Washington, D.C. While on Honor Roll and playing Division I soccer, I developed and honed the competitive nature that drives my law practice today. At OCU School of Law, I was a Merit Scholar, a member of the law school’s AAJ Traveling Trial Advocacy Team, a member of the Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Fraternity, and a recipient of the CALI Highest Grade Award.
I am licensed in all State Courts in Texas, and in all Federal Courts for the United States Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas. I have successfully litigated State and Federal cases, and have procured favorable verdicts and judgments in various counties throughout Texas. I pride my courtroom representation on being passionate, aggressive, and methodical. My trial record has not gone unnoticed, as I was recognized by the Texas Super Lawyers organization as a “Rising Star”, as published in Texas Monthly Magazine. No more than 2.5% of attorneys in Texas are named to this prestigious list. I was also deemed a “Top 40 Under 40 Civil Trial Lawyer” by The National Trial Lawyers association. Further, D Magazine endowed me with the distinction of a “Best Lawyer Under 40”, as published in the January 2018 edition.
Bottom line: I fight hard for my clients’ rights, regardless of the insurance company or opponent. I handle a variety of matters that include but are not limited to motor vehicle accidents, premises liability cases, pedestrian accidents, nonsubscriber work-related accidents, 18-wheeler accidents, wrongful death, and first-party insurance claims.